Friday, July 29, 2011

End of July update

I figured out my leg pain: pretty certain it was the cleats and not being able to properly adjust to their severe lack of support. I bought pretty cheap ones, not really thinking about it. Perhaps more expensive ones offer more support. Anyway, I stopped wearing them at practice and during games and voila - no more odd pain! I ran 3 miles and felt normal again.

Speaking of running, I haven't been doing much of it except during Ultimate, but that's OK. However,  I am really looking forward to some long runs again. I would like to do the Cincinnati Half Marathon again this year. It was fun enough, and cheap. It would be fun to repeat the Pig Half and run with Greg and Casey. The more the merrier. I think I'll have a goal too...doubt I can run it as fast as I did it the first time which is also my half PR, but who knows...with spinning and some buckling down....

And the rest of July went like this:

July 11th: Interval run on the treadmill on a very hot day. Legs hurt. 10 minutes on the elliptical to cool down.
July 12th: Spinning
July 13th: Ultimate Frisbee
July 14th: nothing
July 15th: nothing- car ride up to South Haven
July 16th: nothing - having the time of my life racing a Chevette
July 17th: nothing - continued Chevette racing fun
July 18th: nothing - so tired from the weekend
July 19th: nothing - tired
July 20th: Ultimate Frisbee
July 21st: Spinning
July 22nd: nothing
July 23rd: Ultimate Frisbee practice and scrimmage
July 24th: nothing
July 25th: Ran 3 miles and didn't have leg pain for the first time in a LONG time. :)
July 26th: Spinning
July 27th: Ultimate Frisbee game
July 28th: Spinning
July 29th: rest...my muscles are actually sore!
July 30th: planned: 6 miles, easy.....but I drank too much at Keith, Jeff and Rick's party.
July 31st: did some yard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment