Friday, September 6, 2013

Final Week and a Back Pain

Tuesday night we did yoga, and that was a huge mistake. I had felt a tweak in my back, but stupidly thought yoga might help. No. Yoga is not flexy relaxing time. It is pull your body into weird ass positions time, contorting muscles into doing things they haven't done in a while. I'm so mad at myself for going.

I now have a bad back pain. It's deep, perhaps connected to my ribs, because it hurts when I breathe. It hurts to arch my back and move my arms in a swimming motion, so right now I'm not sure how I'm going to swim on Sunday. I really can't do much except pop the ibuprofen and rest and wait. I stretch, but actually don't think it's helping. I will get the back into a hurt position and let it sit there, trying to control the spasming and taking my breath away...and actually feel that may be helping. Sitting at my desk is really painful and I feel nauseous.

So...great news, huh.

In better news, I got my bike back from the bike shop with new breaks, new wraps, new break and shifter cables. I am going to try it out today to see how it feels. The guy said it would ride a bit different. I'm excited.

I have today and tomorrow to get this back thing better. I'm hoping the pain meds will help, but I know they don't heal. We shall see what happens I guess. Maybe this is some sort of triathlon god working a forced taper for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment