Friday, September 6, 2013

Second Open Water Swim

On Labor Day, I dragged Greg back out to Stonelick State Park so I could venture out into the open water again. I tried to drag other friends too, but they weren't interested.

This time, it went WAY better! It didn't take me long to get used to the water. I could just swim in it without freaking out. It did take a bit to get my breathing warmed up, but c'est la vie.

I swam a couple 6ish minute sessions. I kept getting really worn out. After a break on the beach, I went back out to swim 20 minutes. I learned I needed to kick less and then could keep my breathing in control.

So for race day, that will be the plan: kick barely, think pull buoy exercises, reaching and pulling. I'll get through it more enjoyably this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment