Track night...cancelled again. I can't say I was too disappointed though. I didn't fee like trying to run fast. But I did feel like just running for a while. Aimlessly. Since I was on my own, that's what I did.
I decided to try out a run from the new studio in Montgomery. I went down Cooper and then south on Kenwood into a neighborhood that I've ran in quite a few years ago when I did a training group at Fleet Feet. I just plodded along, not really paying attention to much. It was a hilly route. My legs hurt a lot in the beginning, as they seem to be doing regularly now. This time I knew I wasn't dehydrated because I was careful to drink a lot of water the past few days. Also, my lungs hurt as if it was bitter cold out. Not sure what that was about, unless it's just my allergies. I had a lovely high pitched wheeze on the exhales. Ah spring. No wait, ah anyseasonbutwinter.
The little neighborhood I ran in had a big hill, which was great. This route was really good hill training for the Pig: no flats, just up or down. I was tired and felt kind of sluggish, but the weather was nice and I enjoyed the sun greatly.
When I got back to the corner of Montgomery and Cooper, I checked my phone. I was running the MapMyRun app, which turns out to be pretty awesome. However, it sucks the battery life away. Maybe the screen was on the entire time - I'm not sure, I just stuffed the phone in my pocket. Anyway, I saw 5.4 miles and was pretty shocked. It just didn't seem like I had been out that long. So close to 6...I had to add in more distance to get there. I had guessed the route would have been 4 miles, but apparently it was more. I turned onto Montgomery and at 5.75 my phone completely died, but I knew that was where I needed to turn back to finish up to 6 at the studio.
It was pleasant. I'm sure some of the bliss came from the fact that I am not familiar with the area, so everything went by quickly. But one run in, I really like running in this area...and like it way more than the sparse options I had from Loveland. Maybe I'll run from the new place more often. I already know I can bike pretty easily from it into Indian Hill, thanks to my crazy hilly bike ride I did with the Trek store ride leader on Saturday. That ride was great, but man. Eye opening to how bad of riding shape I'm in! At least it's only April I guess. It was a very fun ride that would have been even greater if I could have handled it a bit better. Soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment