We tried a different track- Sycamore. It was cold and windy. That's nearly all I remember.
Ok, not really. There were a whole bunch of little kids there practicing, which was entertaining but kind of scary at the same time. They just don't watch what they're doing and move so irregularly!
I ran a mile to warm up with Roman. Then I did 4 x 400...in lane 8. So I guess it was more than 400, but it doesn't matter. By the third one I was very down about the experience and so freakin' cold and grumpy. I felt like a snail. I didn't take a watch, still continuing with just worrying about effort rather than any times. I tried to tell myself I was at least pushing and working hard. But I just felt crummy. I did the last 400 anyway, because I knew I'd be really upset if I didn't. Then I cooled down a mile. Then I sat in my sun-warmed car and thawed my legs. Man it was cold!
Today is beautiful though. Not getting out today, but hopefully tomorrow after work? Work is just nuts. I can't wait for this week to be over.
No comments:
Post a Comment