Monday, August 22, 2011

August week 3 recap


Sun Aug 14:  6 mile run! I went very very slowly, but it felt good. Comfortable, easy breathing, and my legs never hurt. I just wanted to run for a longer time than I have been, and that was accomplished. Also, we played a slow game of disc golf at Woodland Mound. It was crowded and full of families. Had to wait on a few holes. Funny.

Mon Aug 15:  Nothing. Sore legs... Walked 2 miles with the Dexter Dog, aka Tubs. Tubs had a great time and was notably happier when we got home. I want to walk him more, both for him and me.

Tues Aug 16:  50 minute spin class. It was a rough class. There were no breaks and she pushed us pretty hard. My quads were still sore from the 6, which I felt in the beginning, but it seemed to get better. Another soreness is my tail bone. Very strange. I suppose this is from the 6 miles? Right after class it felt better, but then got sore again. No biggie, just strange. I don't remember the last time my tail bone has been sore, and didn't know it could get sore from running.

Wed Aug 17:  Lifting. I tried to go for a run, but my tail bone still hurt really bad, plus I just felt like crap. So after a bit I turned around and headed home. I only went about a half mile, but figured that was a good warm-up for lifting. So I did weights and core stuff on the ball instead.

Thur Aug 18:  Nothing. Ouchy ouchy tailbone. Work was hectic, so I decided to rest.

Fri Aug 19:  Did 50 minutes on the elliptical and stretched. Tail bone is really sore.

Sat Aug 20: Nothing.  Felt pretty crummy most of the day. Did some yard work and think that hurt my tail bone more.

------
Training is underway, and I feel good about the 6 miles, but need to get this tail bone better.

No comments:

Post a Comment