Sun Aug 21: 45 minute spinning class. First ever for Greg. Now we get free gym memberships through insurance, so he's going to give it a whirl! We went to this spin class because I knew the guy that teaches on Sundays is very nice and in my opinion good for beginners. He explains a lot. The class ended up being OK.
Mon Aug 22: Ran 4 miles after work. First, I fell asleep on the couch. I'm not sure how long I was out, but I was so exhausted. I really wanted to bag the run, but didn't. I started out trying to keep it easy, but it was hard. It was pretty disheartening, and I tried to just focus on the fact that I was out there. At about 1.5 miles I turned around and started to at least feel like I was just running. But my pace was so slow while it felt so hard. Oh well. I made it through the 4 miles. It's runs like these that really make me question what the hell I'm doing anymore.
Tues Aug 23: 45 minute spinning class. I was really looking forward to hearing some good loud music. The spin instructor, Linda, had a new playlist. It ended up being top 40 crap, but some of it wasn't bad. Some of it I didn't know. Linda is probably my favorite instructor. She is really good at using the music to do the changing up of whatever we're doing, which makes it a lot more fun to me. And she's also really good at pushing us. She yelled at us today that we weren't working hard enough. Then at the end of the class she said she was stressed and admitted that the ride was probably a bit on the hard side. It was the first class I've been to where I didn't think I could make it during the stints of hill climbs with run intervals. I was exhausted. And tonight is supposed to be a track workout too....
...and it was, kind of. I tried to run, but only managed a slow wog of sorts for a half mile. I decided I'd do the stadium stairs. I ran up them and walked down them. Walking down was difficult and I was so winded, clearly feeling tired from the past few days' workouts and horrible sleep I've been getting. After that I walked a lap, stretched, and actually fell asleep as I was waiting for Roman and Greg to finish. Body is telling me: TIRED.
Wed Aug 24: Rest day. I tossed and turned all night, itchy. Allergies are in full swing. Time to take some Allegra.
Thurs Aug 25: Ran 3 miles. I went to the gym because I thought it would be good to maybe do some interval work. I hate treadmills sooooo much. I need to stay off them for a while until I feel better while running. After that I tried some machines.
Fri Aug 26: nothing.
Sat Aug 27: nothing.
--------------------------
The beginning of this week kicked my ass. 4 days isn't bad, so now I just need to add in some more strength stuff and eat better. I gained weight this week. Ug.
No comments:
Post a Comment