Here are the reasons:
1. Physical therapy might work and I might soon have no pain when running. I say this right before I'm about to head out for a chilly 3 miles. That I'm sure will be painful. Ah, optimism. It gets me every day.
2. The Pig is coming up. While I don't expect to preform very well, I'm also not expecting a horrible run. I've trained for this better than I trained for the last half (if you can even call that training...no, actually you can't) and am feeling decent about where I stand. And regardless of how I do, it's always a very fun time running with everyone in the home town. The entire weekend is a fun fun positive time! We should have a Post Pig Pigout again this year.
3. My breathing seems to be getting a little better. It's still a fight, but I'm feeling a little better and learning.
4. After the Pig...after some recovery...is marathon training!!! As the days go by and the reality of training kick-off approaches, I find myself looking more and more forward to it. I forgot how much I love a schedule, love the increase of mileage and the push. It isn't about speed anymore. It's endurance, getting to know my body and soul again on that crazy level, feeling the rewards of all of it and being so proud of myself. I think I'm a much happier person because of it. Maybe that's just an idealized memory, but whatever it is, I'm looking forward to being happy about my running again.
No comments:
Post a Comment