I set the trainer up and had a fan pointing on me. It was cool, but I knew I'd be dripping eventually. My plan was to ride for 20 minutes at a steady pace, then practice quickly tying my shoes and running for a mile. I set up Casey's spin mix #2 and started getting busy. I held a 17-18 mph and was beginning to warm up...
Then I hopped off my bike and changed my shoes. I undid the trainer wheel, hit pause on my playlist and ran out the fence gate to begin the mile. It was sunny and I forgot my sunglasses. The run felt ok...but I didn't feel I was warmed up. Mile 1 was 9:15. I didn't know what to expect for my times since I was biking too.
The second bike session was ok. I was uncomfortable in my seat and my wrists hurt, but soon it was time to run again. I fumbled around with my shoes this time, putting one on, dropping the other, not taking my cycling shoe off very well... Just wasn't thinking. The run was pretty good though! 8:54. I felt like that was it for my legs though.
The last bike was kind of rough. I felt like I had so much lactic acid built up in my legs. I tried to push but it was kind if hard to maintain 16-17 mph at the resistance I had set.
I didn't have much hope for the run. And finally my legs had that familiar filled with concrete who's legs are these feeling. At least I could practice pushing and pacing with them in this state. However, I wasn't moving all that slow. The last mile was 9:03 and I was pretty happy. It was hard to move my heavy heavy legs, but I just kept pushing, knowing this is my last big workout before the race.
Again the results:
19 min bike
20 min bike
21 min bike
I'm pretty happy with this!!
No comments:
Post a Comment