I got out this morning with the full expectation that I would be running in the rain. It was about 65º, but I took a jacket in anticipation of getting chilly in the cloudy, windy weather. However, I beat the rain somehow, and just enjoyed a beautiful, cool, blustery morning.
The run was sluggish and not strong feeling. I thought by putting a day in between runs, I'd feel better. I'm not sure what's up. I know I'm pretty stressed about the upcoming race and Harley-dog. I think it's wearing on me more than I realize.
I did pick up the pace in the last half mile which felt good. It wasn't my breathing that was holding me back, just over all tiredness and legs just didn't have anything in them. I am most definitely still in the "getting back to it" phase, establishing consistency. So I'm not worried about it. I'm just looking forward to that consistency finally happening.
I thought about winter running and how I'm just going to do it no matter what this year. I love running in the morning so much. It trumps the cold. I also came up with the idea that I'd like to run the pig half, and run it under 2 hours. I've been thinking about what I want to do in the spring for a while now, with nothing ever really jumping out at me. Today for some reason, a sub 2-hour half marathon sounded like a great goal. I need to start working now.
Outside my window I see it's windy, the sky is full of puffy gray clouds and it looks like everything just got desaturated a bit. I love these colors.
No comments:
Post a Comment