Monday, October 6, 2014

Baltimore is hilly too.

Thursday we left with the Gways to head to Baltimore to visit C's brother and sister-in-law, also who I did the triathlon with earlier this fall. It was a visit and Renaissance Faire visit as well. Apparently Maryland has the second largest Faire in the U.S.  So, corset and wooden beer mug was packed.

The drive out was long. We got a little bit of a later start than anticipated and hit a detour on the highway driving out. I drove the last bit, in the dark through twisty mountain roads, which was fun. We got in around 1 I believe.

Friday I got out with C for a run while others were napping/showering/etc. We did a 3 mile loop which was supposed to be a 2 mile loop, but we missed a street because the street sign was down. Thankfully, C had his phone and mapped us back. We ran past and then through the Johns Hopkins campus, which was fun to see. It was certainly hilly! Kind of like running through Hyde Park except the hills weren't as long or quite as steep. I'm definitely sore today, mostly on my left side which is strange. That morning we had also done a round of disc golf at a nice park. Probably walked about 2 miles there. Saturday was the Ren Faire. It was so crowded. We walked mostly at a snail's pace through the grounds, saw a couples shows, went in a couple shops. I don't think anyone was interested in getting in lines for food and drink, so we ended up leaving there a lot earlier than I imagined we would, which was fine. It was a fun trip.

Running with C was really great. I haven't ran with anyone in so long. It really makes such a difference for motivation and energy during the run. We clipped along at an easy pace over the hills. It was wonderful. I enjoy parts of running by myself - unwinding, no pressure, getting lost in thoughts. But I really miss runs like that. Especially since I'm by myself for what feels like all the time these days. I don't find I need the solo runs too often.

Today it's raining a steady, cold rain. I doubt I'll venture out unless it clears up later. I may get the bike hooked up on the trainer and play some tunes to ride too. I could really go for some good music to pump me up.

I don't want to put any pressure on my successful recent consistency, but I do kinda want to start planning a spring run. Maybe the Pig half again; I've missed doing it the past couple of years. And everyone always asks me if I'm doing it, which makes me wish I was. Starting training now, for me, is very reasonable. I want to get strong this winter. I need to figure out some days to get to the Y for the Active Trax stuff. Woohoo!! So maybe I'll plan...I do like a plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment