Day 2 after running 13.1 miles, and I'm not as sore as I was yesterday - woohoo! I can get up now without having to stabilize myself for a few seconds.
A quick recap of the Pig Half:
• 2:33:something. Which is a slow pace. I didn't want to go that slow. It was a slower pace than I ran my marathon! That says a lot, lol.
• Felt great in the beginning. Got a bad side stitch mile 4 but I ran through it by grabbing my side and making what had to have been a pretty hilarious face.
• Fell apart on the hills; they wiped me out. But I'm not surprised, as I wasn't very well trained. I need a hill plan. Hills and me aren't friends right now. They bully me! I need to learn how to fight back ;)
• Races are a lot more fun when you are properly trained for them. While I was willing to have a suffer-fest, I just couldn't move any faster than a shuffle at times.
• I am very very very happy that my joints never hurt during this race or afterwords. My hips hurt afterwords, but that pain went away the next day. I am so thankful for this - it's a good sign. My IT band didn't hurt either, though it was sore to rub after the race. But it didn't make my knee hurt. All good stuff.
• I looked at this race as a really good workout, kicking off a new phase of training for some fun times ahead!
I put some race ideas/options in a tab up top, mostly 5Ks. Just have to see what people want to do! I love running with friends! And I have some goals for myself this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment