Sunday, June 5, 2011

20 mile bike ride

Perhaps knowing I'm going to write down my workouts does end up helping. Today we spent a lot of time outside in heat, watching a SCCA auto-cross event up in Wilmington. By the time we got back, I had a pretty nasty headache (thanks to not wearing my glasses much I think) and was a bit tired from the heat. I watched the Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia on Netflix. (Wow!)  Sitting in the AC with the dogs was very pleasant. But I wanted to go on a ride. The couch and lure of reading a good book tried to suck me in, but then I thought how on the very first day of my wanting to do something every day of this week I would put down "I had a headache"?  Nahh...

So I went on a 20 mile ride from the house. :)   I can get to the trail easily. It's getting home that's kind of difficult right now. The hills kill me. I think it's about 4 miles to the trail. Then I did 12 on the trail. Then it was about 4 miles home, a different but very hilly way. It made me think of spinning class. Man spinning sure is good for road cycling.

So, first day is a success. 20 mile bike ride. :)  I'm not judging how I do on anything this week. The only thing I'm judging is if I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment