So I joined Urban Active. Soon, Greg's insurance will pay for the membership for free :) But for the next couple of months, I'm paying (just $25...not bad). I mostly did it for the spinning classes, because I missed spinning a lot. So far I've done one and enjoyed it.
My legs are aching like crazy. I think it's all due to the increase in track and then running around in cleats. I have been thinking about it more, and, looking back, there was a track workout at Sycamore where I did 14 100s or something like that. I remember feeling the twinge in my lower legs then from the pounding. Perhaps I shook something up. I just hope I haven't damaged too much. It's getting to the point where I wonder if I should run on them at all (when not playing Ultimate). We'll see if things start balancing out once I build up some strength with spinning. At track Tuesday, I only ran one lap because everything hurt. I walked the rest of the laps. Then before Ultimate I warmed up a lap around the park, sending my lower legs into their painful tightness and making my knee feel like it could give out at any moment. For the game, I babied it, limping a little when running hard. It made it, so that's good.
I'm still trying to decide if I want to do a fall marathon. Seems silly to even discuss given the state my legs are in. But there is still time. Perhaps it's another half–a much more manageable distance and more fun for everyone.
For now all I really want is to be able to run without any pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment