After the 8 miles a couple of weekends ago, I felt so great. I had normal running thoughts in my head again. I felt like me, the recreational runner, getting better doing what I can :) I even started thinking about how I'd love to run the Flying Pig in May and how cool it would be to do the home town marathon...would people come cheer? could I do it a little better than C-bus? could I get in awesome shape again? fun thoughts swimming...
Work has been crazy...wait I already said that. And, I have managed to keep working out through it all. Not anywhere near what I should be doing. But I did stuff instead of just napping or working, which was awesome! Even if I'm so tired, getting out and walking or running really is helpful to not feel like a sloth.
Part of that I owe to my neighbor, with whom I've been walk-running. She wants to be able to run 3 - 5 miles without stopping, so was doing some walk-run intervals. So far we're up to 3 minutes running and 5 minutes walking. I'm going to try to convince her to shorten the walking time. But I don't want her to hate running, I want her to be comfortable - it will be tricky to convince her that it's the way to get better. I'm really enjoying getting to know her more. She's super funny and easy to talk to. Our conversations have been all over the place. We've discovered we have a friend in common, Ed. It was pretty nice at first, to share some things. But as the days go on I realize it's bothering me a LOT and I wish we'd never had the conversation. It was my fault, somehow it just fell out of my mouth at one point. It was too comfortable to share, if that makes any sense. And I'm sure it doesn't.
Fall is the best time of year to run, hands down. Er, feet down. I'm hearing a lot of buzz about the Columbus marathon. It's bound to be a great day for it in a couple of weekends!
I can't wait to run this weekend! Soak in the gorgeous gorgeous weather while it's here.
No comments:
Post a Comment