Saturday, October 15, 2011

Well, I haven't gotten to the new spinning class yet. Work got a bit out of control again, plus there were meetings. S'alright. Next week will be better.

I did get out for a run Friday morning. I love to run before work, once I'm out there. The motivation is hard though. I went into the neighborhood that connects near the fire station. It was a chilly morning, but bright fall sunshine warmed my exposed skin. I wore my bright 55 mph "The Commander" shirt because it was a little dark when I set out. :)  There were leaves that were stuck to the wet spots on the pavement. As the wind picked up, some of them were loosened and freed. All of the falling and blowing leaves reminded me of confetti.

On the way back, I saw three deer munching on something crunchy from the ground. One was very small but didn't have spots, the others looked full grown. The first one and I stared at each other every time I moved. I took some pictures with my phone. I was close enough to hear them crunching their snack. A car came along and I shooed them into the woods. I was only about 15 or 20 feet from the last one before it finally decided to leave, and with no sense of real urgency. I feel like I could have worked my way up to touch them if I had enough time. Are deer really that tame now?

The morning running slot is confirmed to be the best. Again, it's hard to get out there motivational-wise. But the rest of the day benefits so much. I enjoyed my lunch that day (even though I was working through it) and didn't feel the stress of having to get a run in later in the afternoon. Instead, I read on my phone until the battery died and relaxed. I simply need to work on feeling not stressed about getting to the office right away. It's just going to have to be how my schedule works. Perhaps if I can make my normal start time by 10, and be OK with that, I will have no reason to stress. That honestly should be fine. I usually work until about 6. I am a bit ashamed to say that I've let work really get to me recently. I'm just down in the dumps about it and it's dumb.

Eating the rest of the week: I'm still eating too much.  No snacks or anything, but we ate out a lot this week at work because we were so busy.

The wind is howling outside. It's a gorgeous day. Tomorrow's weather looks just as gusty, but a bit warmer. Our plans are to run 10, though I'm not sure when or where yet. I think it will go a lot better than last weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment