Sunday, March 18, 2012

Heart Mini Marathon Results

Steph:

Overall 1644.
146/281 age group.
769/1615 female.
5K - 31:56 (10:15 pace)
10K - 1:04:15 (10:22 pace)

FINAL - 1:37:47 (10:31 pace)


Casey:

Overall 814.
94/173 age group.
518/1158 male.
5K - 26:46 (8:38 pace)
10K - 55:08 ( 8:54 pace)

FINAL - 1:24:52 (9:08 pace)




This was a tough race...but I'm pretty pleased with how I did. It was what I expected I could manage, after figuring out the breathing issues. It was amazing running without the struggle to breathe. I'm just still amazed an kind of in shock about the whole asthma thing.

The hills are what got me. They always do. Torrence was mentally defeating. I ran up it all the way, trying not to check too often for the turn-around. Then the hill after Torrence really sucked the rest of the life out of me.

For most of the race I was just bored. It is boring not running with anyone.

My splits:
Mile 1 - unknown (watch wasn't syncing, so I didn't start until the first mile marker)
Mile 2 - 10:38
Mile 3 - 9:51
Mile 4 - 10:12
Mile 5 - 10:12
Mile 6 - 11:12 (Torrence!!!)
Mile 7 - 10:31
Mile 8 - 10:28
Mile 9 - 11:07
Mile 9.3 - 10:33

Sooooo....I only had a couple miles over 11's and those were ones with HUGE hills. I'm pretty pleased. But I know that I need to do a lot more work before the Pig. Hill repeats. And more running. The spinning is great, but I need to run more. I need to work it back into my morning schedule. That's it plain and simple.

I'm all hyped up and excited about it...I will probably make a rough schedule for the weeks to come before the Pig tonight :)  I'm a dork like that.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete