This weekend's eating was ok. I was a bit more mindful of it at least. At home, things were good. Friday night we had Mexican which was tons of calories I'm sure. Saturday morning I had eggs, then we had Chipotle, then there was a lot of walking around downtown for Bockfest. I think I had three, maybe four beers. We ate at a pretty delicious Belgian restaurant: chicken, a waffle, and salad.
Sunday morning, I got up around 7:30 and headed to the grocery. Casey and I were going to run 10 miles, and I needed something to eat other than eggs. I had a bagel with cream cheese. Bagels are so filling! Seems to be a good pre-long run breakfast for me.
The run was really rough. I went back and forth between feeling like I had a lot of energy and like I had little energy. We got through the 10 though. I was really struggling during certain parts. But Casey helped greatly to pul me along.
Our splits (determined by my pace of course) were as follows:
1 - 10:06
2 - 10:32
3 - 11:03
4 - 10:57
5 - 10:59
6 - 10:52
7 - 11:15
8 - 10:57
9 - 11:13
10 - 11:42 (ug!)
So, not a stellar performance, but comparing to the two 8s we've ran, I suppose it wasn't far off.
What is WAY different however, is how I felt afterwords. I felt terrible. We had some Ovaltine then I took a shower. I could have stayed in the shower for 15 more minutes to warm up. I was chilled to the bone, which is common for me after a cold long run. But then I just didn't feel good. After eating, I slept for 2 hours, which finally made me feel better. It just really wiped me out!
Very glad we finished the 10!!! :) On a good training track for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment