Heart Mini done.
Fitness exposed.
Motivation high.
I am not disappointed with my time at the mini, because I thought all I could do was probably a 10:30 pace, given my very late in the training asthma revelation and the toughness of the course. So really, I'm pretty happy with it. I would have liked to have done better, but realistically, I think the way it turned out was great.
And now...the Pig.
I'm so excited. Now that I know the source of all of my breathing issues, I'm hopeful that training will be more productive once I have the asthma all under control. I feel like an athlete again, even if a very amateur one :) My leg issue hasn't gone away. But holy crap now I can breathe and breathe when I run and not cough and I'm sleeping better and GAH!!!!!! It's soooooo exciting!!!!!!!
So, my plan for the next weeks is to get stronger, lose more weight, and run more miles. Time is time, but I'm a hopeless dreamer for progress. Plus this weather is awesome right now. Makes me want to go outside all of the time.
I geek out thinking about schedules.
Current schedule has been like this:
Mondays - usually rest, occasional lifting
Tuesdays - spinning and yoga, a couple times I'd run 2 or so miles
Wednesdays - hardly ever did anything
Thursdays - spinning
Fridays - hardly ever did anything, but more frequent than Wednesdays
Saturdays - nothing
Sundays - long run
......This is what got me 10:31 at the Mini. Well no wonder. I only had 2 days of running usually. 3 if I was lucky. Spinning is awesome. But, it's not running. It is important cross training for sure. And I know it makes my legs stronger. But...still.
Ideal schedule for the future:
Mondays - rest, lift
Tuesdays - run 2, spinning, yoga
Wednesdays - mid-distance run (4 - 5 miles)
Thursdays - spinning
Fridays - run 3 miles quick
Saturday - run 3 miles easy
Sunday - long run
Is that possible? I'm not sure. I think spinning twice a week is challenging and might take away from running. I honestly go every week because of Erin! :) Running Tuesday before class might be OK. Running Thursday before class would be easier because it's a later class. I could run at home even, then go. Hmmm. Also, I need to lift and work on my core!! Mondays are easy for that. And Tuesday is a strength day of sorts. Maybe Friday is also a lifting day?
I am not sure what should be done when. But I will figure this out and make it work. I've made spinning Tuesdays and Thursdays work. I haven't missed in a LONG time. It took a few weeks, but I managed to make it fit into my schedule. I am confident I can add in more running. It's just going to take some thinking ahead.
Glad that you are feeling so much better Steph!
ReplyDelete