Wednesday I went on a successful walk at Sharon Woods with J. It was a very slow walk, but there was no limping or joint pain! Hurray! It was good for both of us, as J was sore from all of the traipsing all over Columbus they did.
And Thursday...was...SPINNING!! I hadn't seen Erin in so long. It was nice to catch up with her. And, crazy Melanie, our instructor who had a baby like 5 days ago, was back for her first class teaching again. Really, she had the baby like maybe 6 weeks ago? She must have popped it out and then hopped on a bike to teach a class to the staff at the hospital. Whatever the minimum is, that must be what she took as time off. Crazy-fit-woman. Love her.
The class was all intervals of 15-15-15 or 30-30-30 where we added two gears and then either sprinted or did jumps for that last 15 or 30. It was a great class to get back into it. There was a small amount of recovery, which was nice. It went really really well. I was surprised. My legs didn't hurt much at all. And of course spinning is easy on the joints, so that was good. Also, maybe the third or fourth song in was Gangnam Style. It was so awesome...I almost started crying thinking about the marathon and seeing our fantastic cheering crew dancing, especially when we saw them at mile 25.
After spinning, I went to Sharon Woods again to walk and take pictures of fall. That park is so damn beautiful in the fall. I could have spent the entire day there. It was warm, and slightly breezy. The leaves were constantly falling off the trees in a lazy, peaceful manner. And the colors - all the gold and browns and oranges...Spectacular.
It felt really good to do something cardio again. I'm a little surprised by how anxious I am to get back to running. Maybe it was because the marathon didn't go as planned so I'm anxious to "prove" something. I thought I'd just want to do nothing for a couple weeks. But I am having a hard time making myself not run. It's kind of a nice feeling. I'm excited and motivated to start working again and look forward to improving more. I know I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment