Tuesday, January 29, 2013

More Spinnin' and Runnin'

I think I'm a bit more adjusted to the grueling demands of broomball now. The third game was last Saturday. I took some good hits from the ball thanks to a guy on the opposing team who could really shoot. Ah the life of a defensive-woman. I also banged my knee pretty good. I need to stay on my feet more.

Sunday I lifted and did some cardio via Dance Central. Monday I ran 3 miles (woohoo!) and today I spinned. I think I'm only going to be able to stand spinning one day a week. I'm still settling in there. Today there was a war over the fan - whether or not to have it on. Really? Absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever encountered in a spinning class.

I've been doing counter push-ups. The thing is, I can't really do regular push-ups. I know. Pathetic. But counter push-ups are challenging (just leaning on the counter and doing the same form rather than on the ground). The hope is this will give me the strength to do regular push-ups. Then I will be... awesome!!!!

Tonight is yoga. Tomorrow and Thursday I'm going to run again, weather permitting. Take Friday off to lift, broomball Saturday...then that will be one hell of a consistant week! I'm still really feeling different about my body and the abilities I have now, knowing things can change in the future with no warning. I'm so thankful I can do what I can now. It's pretty amazing.

With the crazy weather today (it feels like spring outside), I've been thinking about what I want to run this year. I think I'd like to start with some 5Ks. I just looked up the Fit to Fight Ovarian Cancer website, thinking I'd love to do that this year. Like, race it. But sadly, they aren't going to do it this year! Bummer. Not sure if I'll be doing multi-sport. I'm still thinking about all the options. My first goal is to just get faster and stronger, and I really think some 5Ks work as the ticket to that.

I don't want to be at work. I have a strong urge to work on the art room. I'm such a mess with work these days. It's really getting me down.

Perhaps I'll get in a walk before more rain comes :)




No comments:

Post a Comment