Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Crafting a Training Plan

I love schedules. And I love making them. I've spent almost an hour or so now on trying to make one for the triathlon and goodness it's difficult! I spent a few hours making a marathon training plan in the past, but I got somewhere with it. For this, I'm just at a loss at how to fit everything in. 3 disciplines makes it tough I guess.

Begin ramble.

I'm not sure if I should bother with swimming all that much. Since it's clearly my weakest. Or...maybe it is that I should bother with that the most. Running is what I do the most, though it's pretty weak. Will it improve on its own? Biking comes pretty easy to me. I think spinning will be a continued benefit (sprints and strength emphasis you don't necessarily get on the road), but I must get out on the road at least one day in addition to that for the endurance and constant toughness that spinning just doesn't provide.

Hmmmm... so maybe 2 days biking, 1 day swimming, 3 days running? No I will never improve with swimming only doing it once a week. 2 days biking 2 days swimming 3 days running. That's 7 days crap. OK so gotta double up the days somewhere. Spinning day also has a run? While I'm at the gym? Ick that would be nasty. Swim after spinning? No, bad pool schedule time. Swimming is definitely going to be the hardest thing to fit in because it depends on the pool schedule so much. I think I'll have to fit that in during the week.

Sketching it out here...

BASE APRIL - MAY:
Monday:  crossfit + run easy

Tuesday:  Spin
Wednesday:  run
Thursday:  crossfit + run
Friday:  off
Saturday:  crossfit + run long / bike outside

Sunday:  crossfit + run long / bike outside


TRAINING JUNE - SEPT:

gym:: Monday:  Swim easy laps 8:00 a.m.
gym:: Tuesday:  Spin / run + bike + run brick every 4 weeks
home: Wednesday:  run (except after brick)
home: Thursday:  off (run on brick weeks)
gym::  Friday:  Swim sprints 7:00 a.m.
home: Saturday:  run long / bike outside

home: Sunday:  run long / bike outside




So this looks pretty difficult to keep, but I'm gonna do it. I think the most important thing is I just do stuff most days. Now the temperatures need to warm up also.

End ramble.



No comments:

Post a Comment