Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Quick Note

One thing is certain: I need to start writing again.

A quick update of highlights:
•  It's almost May.
•  My business partner left in March and I'm struggling a lot to make things work.
•  I have a contract job downtown 3 days a week which is turning kinda terrible for a few very different reasons.
•  I'm now fully diagnosed with palindromic rheumatism and have decided to take the approach that it's no big deal.
•  I signed up for my first triathlon for September 8th and am really really excited!


I hit some sort of bottom last week. I entered into a very ugly fog of awfulness. Nothing on the planet was enjoyable. I was unable to process stress. I'm still kind of there, but the weekend has been full of hanging out with friends and that has been very helpful. I also decided that I need to write to work stuff out of my head and straighten out my attitude.

Nothing has a more proven track record to turn things around than exercise. I think it's because no matter how well or poorly you do something, the fact of doing it trumps all. I did a 10K a couple of weeks ago and haven't done anything since. I am drowning, and it might seem strange to take time to do something like running when I don't have the time to take...but I know that actually this is the only thing that will help. I'm sure there is some sort of idiom for this.

So I'm kicking off this triathlon training in hopes of being able to enjoy things, and myself, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment