Thursday, April 4, 2013

I Hate Hurdles

I considered running when I got home Wednesday, but wimped out. The breeze was cool. I really just wimped out and talked myself into doing it the next day and replacing the workout with a Kinect trainer workout.

Running would have been easier.

This is the 8th Nike+ Kinect Trainer workout I've done. I keep "beating my personal best" on many of the exercises, and I do feel like I'm getting better. But there is one exercise I just can't do very well at all: hurdles. You stand on the floor and there are two low hurdles to jump over sideways across the room, as the arrows on the floor indicate. But you have to clear them for them to count. They're probably the equivalent of about 5 inches off the ground? For some reason I just can't do this exercise. I have no ooomph to get over them! Sure I can do a few in a row, but then I just crap out and start hitting them, or have to slow down a lot because I can't breath.

Last night I did the first set somewhat ok. For round 2, after all the other exercises, I had no oomph and I'm not sure any counted! For round 3 I decided making the workout work for me was best and I step-hopped over them with one leg at a time, which isn't how you do them so none counted. But at least I kept moving rather than jumping and landing heavy and feeling like a sack of rocks.

Other than silly hurdles the workout went pretty well! It got me breathing hard. I did a 5 minute short exercise that had dodgeball, split decision, high knees and squats which sealed the fact that I was done.

My legs feel huge. I'm not sure, maybe I'm bulking up somewhat? I haven't been able to run where I'm not sore and tired, so it's hard to gauge if this is helping my running yet. Spinning Tuesday was cake but that could have been because I let the intervals get to me mentally and didn't push hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment