Alas, it is a new month. And to start it off awesomely, a friend on the east coast (Erika) posted that she just signed up for a triathlon. Her first, maybe even her first multi-sport or any-sport race ever! It's fantastic. And...she is trying to get other people to do it with her. I asked for details, she said I should do it, I looked up the race and signed up Sunday night!
I'm going to do my first ever triathlon September 8th of this year!!! Woohooo!! I'm really excited.
It's going to be so fun. I'm really glad to do it with someone, I think that's the best part. It's the Rocky Gap Iron Girl. I don't understand the name at all. I thought she was crazy when I read she signed up for anything with Iron in the name, thinking it was linked to the Ironman franchise. It's not though. It's actually pretty far from that. I'd say they're basing the distance off of sprint distance tri's. It's a half mile swim, 16 mile bike and 2.5 mile run. Kinda short on the run, but longer on the bike. That part of the country should provide some lovely backdrops for the race, and also provide some challenging hills on the course I'm guessing! Happy to be from Cincy...
So, I'm stoked. The race is women only, and has a attitude of getting everyone out there which is awesome. I've done a handful of duathlons now, and multi-sport is a great group of people who are really welcoming. But it's also an intimidating event, and not as easy-going as your local, friendly 5K. So I think this is a pretty cool race series, providing a more comfy environment for people to try their go at something.
I think I'll make Erika a training journal :)
The cost was outrageous. Not sure what that's all about, but whatever.
I've been "getting back to it" the past couple of weeks. Thanks to the Nike+ Kinect Trainer, I'm pretty much constantly sore :) I'm waiting to kind of crest the hill so to speak and start to see the benefits from the strength training. My legs feel bulky. I know my core is stronger because for the first time ever in yoga last week, I could do the slow roll down in complete control. My upper body still is lacking though. I found the assisted dip machine at the gym and hit that last Thursday. I think if I can get to that regularly, I will finally be able to do pushups eventually.
Today I spinned. It was an interval class. We did pyramids from 30 seconds to 2 minutes long sets of seated base hill, add gear seated hill, add gear jumps, add gear out in 3, add gear out in 3 with last 30 seconds a push. So that sequence at 30 sec each, :45, etc etc all the way up to 2:00 each. It was pretty good class. I didn't push too hard because my left hammy was screaming a bit.
Anyway, going to try to write here again more regularly. Document the triathlon training and whatever else we do this season. I'm trying to get C and G to do a 5k/10k on the 14th at Spring Grove Cemetery.
No comments:
Post a Comment