Monday, September 22, 2014

Pretty fall Monday.

My "getting back to it" began last Thursday. And I didn't really run again until this morning. But it's ok. I was relaxing, party planning, Ren-Fairing, strength-training and working.

This morning I ran the 2.5 mile loop again. It felt great again as well. I felt smooth, strong and light. Breathing was totally in control. Posture was good. I just felt like it was easy. It may be because it was incredibly slow. I don't know and it doesn't matter. The goal for the next few months is just to run consistently and enjoy every minute of it. So far, I'm on track!

It was brisk this morning. I know it's just going to keep getting colder, but running in the morning is a habit I need to get back into. While thinking about all of the triathlon training and work failures over the past months, one thing that I have discovered is I completely lost any kind of habit to anything I did. Be it work or training or making dinner, everything evolved to decisions rather than habits. I crammed things in when I could, never made lists, had no idea what I needed to accomplish except that I had to do it all and do it now. I have began to wonder if this lack of habit/structure is part of the reason I struggled so much. Yesterday I visited the book store and meandered over to the travel section, wanting to find a Lonely Planet book on Ohio. On an end cap I saw the book The Power of Habit. I'd heard about it before, as being really good for business owners. I scanned the back and decided to buy it. If nothing else, it sounded like a fascinating read about brains. I'm only a couple chapters in and have confirmed that it is going to be some good insight for my business and for other habits I seem to have lost (exercise, dinner, drawing, etc).

This week is full but not too crazy for work. It's also going to be absolutely beautiful. I'm hoping to get in a good motorcycle ride and do a lot of yard work. So now I better get cranking on work work!

My feet are polka-dotted with bug bites right now. I'm up to 15 on the left and 17 on the right. I slathered anti-itch cream on them and put them in socks. So far so good. Running was pretty uncomfortable though, as every step ticked the bites and made me want to itch. Lesson: don't start a fire in the fire pit in sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment