Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Squirrels are throwing nuts out of trees.

Another brisk, beautiful morning to run. This is two days in a row for me! Oh and it's the first day of fall - woohoo!

It was kind of hard waking up this morning. I didn't sleep well due to itchy ankles that kept waking me up. And I'm sore from using the weed-eater. But I did eventually roll out of bed and started my new routine of NOT worrying about work. Instead I did some stretching and some pick up the house kind of things to wake my body up. Yesterday at the end of the work day, I made sure I was really done. Mentally done. I wasn't going to worry about anything all night, having a project loom over my head in the morning, distracting me from running, starting my day how I want, and just relaxing in general. It worked. I ran and here I am writing. Yay!

So the run. I went into the Landen neighborhood that borders ours. With the sun so low, even at 8:30, most of the roads were in the shade. I wore shorts and a shirt with a long sleeve jacket over that. But I was out of the jacket by the time I was at the end of my street (about a half mile). However, in the shade it was chilly. It's just that time of year where you are hot and cold at the same time.

I took it easy again. Definitely didn't feel as peppy and strong as yesterday, but everything did feel easy, so that was good. I heard a lot of squirrels chattering and dropping nuts. I managed to avoid any bonks on the head.

At the half way point, I bent over to stretch my back. I did some yard work yesterday, and my lower back was tight. I thought it would have been tighter after running, but it actually felt ok, so on I went. Coming back I think I picked the pace up some. I felt like my stride lengthened. Again, no watch, so all that is left to do is feel good that I got out there. Accomplished.

And now I have my work day ahead of me. It will consist of more work, some more yard work (I'm so eager to get the back slate stuff figured out!), and maybe a motorcycle ride, but we'll see. Tomorrow I think I will just walk in the morning – make sure everything is adjusting nicely in my body to this consistency thing. Thursday...it's going to be even warmer and I hope to get in a real motorcycle ride up to where I used to live. I've been wanting to do this for years. I always want to go in the fall to see the crops. This week will be early, but I just don't want to miss the chance if it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment