I think a combination of already tight hips and a spinning class on Thursday that had way too many and too quick of jumps in it has caused my piriformis muscle to tighten up even more. My sciatic nerve is being pinched pretty good. Yesterday's 3 mile run was painful. I stretched and stretched last night and this morning, finding a small amount of relief.
I met Jenny at the trail at 9. The weather was perfect - gorgeous and no humidity. My back/nerve hurt in the beginning but nothing more than it had already. As long as it didn't get worse, I knew I would make it ok. To my surprise, it actually ended up getting better by the end!
Buuuuut, then after I stepped out of the truck when I got home, the pain was nauseating. It hurts worse now than it has- to the point where the only comfortable position I can be in is pigeon pose. More stretching is on the schedule for me today! :)
The run was great. Shade, cool temps, and no humidity were a good recipe for a 10:00 pace average over the 8 miles.
10:14, 10:14, 10:16, 10:18 -- water stop
10:00, 9:41, 9:58, 9:22
And I felt I could have gone at least another mile at that last miles's pace.
No comments:
Post a Comment