I got up and ran this morning. It wasn't easy. I didn't sleep well. I didn't feel well. But running makes me feel better, so I did it anyway.
And it was a terrific run! I went what felt easy, and the first mile went by in 9:47. I didn't expect that to last because I was having some serious asthma issues. I was wheezing on the exhale and inhale. My throat was tight. I had to think about breathing a lot. I stopped at the half way point, convincing myself this was ok, to catch my breath. After all this was just the second run after the marathon and I spinned hard yesterday and had tight hammies.
On the way back, I watched as my pace dropped. I thought the hill would really end it, but somehow it didn't either. I quickened my steps and huffed up it. I tried my best to smooth out my stride in the last half mile.
My average pace dropped from 9:47 to 9:38 by the end. And my splits were: 9:47, 9:42 and ...9:26! That was with an uphill (and yes a slight downhill in the end). But I am super happy that I pulled those paces off without really trying, and having not run in so long.
It is very encouraging. :) :) And now I think I'm going to start making some little goals.
Next goal: run 3 miles with all miles under 9:40 pace.
No comments:
Post a Comment