So LA Fitness bought Urban Active and now LA Fitness doesn't have me in their files. I was told "they're working on it" again this morning. Hell I don't care as long as they keep letting me spin.
Spinning! Yay! It's now a 55 minute class under LA Fitness. Fine by me, but it was noticeable today! We did intervals...and honestly I don't even remember what they were. Some increasing surges and seated climbs and standing climbs with surges... it just felt like we were all over the place.
I wore the heart rate monitor. It was interesting. I don't know if there is something wrong with me or if people's bodies can just be really really different. It is sooo easy, and common, for my heart rate to be above 170. I made it get to 180 once in class. During hard pushes, especially on hills, it was at 178/179. Now, it does drop fast. But, based on my age and general heart rate calculations, my max heart rate is 185. 70% is 129. 85% is 157. 90% would be 167. Um....I'm usually at near max. 97%ish.
So what does this mean? It sounds like all of my work is anaerobic.
It's something that's been in the back of my head for a while. I've checked my heart rate on treadmills before. Usually I'm around 182 or 185 when pushing. So is that bad? I'm NEVER at 160. I can't possibly push less.
Today I wanted to check out the biking side of it, since I know I'm always maxed out when running. I wondered if it was just running, or other cardiovascular. I certainly am not at 178 the entire class, while I bet with running I'm at 180 the entire time.
I guess I'll look a little more into this and also go running with the heart rate monitor for comparison.
No comments:
Post a Comment