Friday, November 9, 2012

A Quick Way to Loose 5 Pounds

So yesterday I spinned and it was great! And then I ate lunch.... And then...I had food poisoning!

I had my business partner's lentil soup for lunch. It was chock full of curry and I originally thought that it was the curry that wasn't agreeing with me. I had been mildly sick from curry burgers in the past. But...and this is too much detail probably...the diarrhea soon turned to water...and then I was shivering...and that's when I was pretty sure I had food poisoning.

I was stuck at work. I missed a charity bowling even and a dinner with friends. Greg picked me up, as I couldn't drive. We waited for a bit before leaving, to time it so I wouldn't be puking in the car. I had a nice round in the bathroom on the toilet and while holding the trash can (multi-tasking is so great when you're sick).  I was so weak I started choking on my vomit because it just wasn't coming up well. That was scary as shit.

After that, I had Greg pack up my stuff and we made it to the car. The drive home was nerve wracking. We made it home in time for me to run to the bathroom for some toilet time, but I refused to puke again. I got up as quickly as possible and got horizontal in bed. I was so cold. My stomach hurt so bad. That is why food poisoning is worse than the flu; there is a large amount of pain involved. I was shaking and couldn't get warm. I tried to sleep, as I was exhausted. But I kept being woken up by the nausea. I had one more bathroom stint, again, trying very hard to not puke, and then I slept for maybe an hour while Greg went to get himself some food.

When Greg got home I felt like I was probably not going to puke anymore...but every time I moved that safe feeling went away. So I just laid in bed, sipped some coke and water, and tried not to move.

This morning I woke up very dehydrated of course, and had a headache. I took some Advil and drank water like crazy, as I was pretty certain I wouldn't be throwing it up or having it come out the other way anymore.

After a hot shower and a piece of toast with strawberry jelly on it, I am not at work again. I'm weak, dizzy and slightly nauseous. I have to get stuff out to some clients. If possible I'm going to make it a half day.

Food poisoning is terrible. But I think I got off easy this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment