Sunday, May 19, 2013

Tentative Schedule and Journal Making

This morning I sketched out the rough flow for the Triathlon training journal I am making for Erika (and me as well).  That felt good to do. I haven't been able to do anything "extracurricular" in the design or illustration arenas since...April I guess?

Anyway, I'm thinking it's going to be a bout 48 pages including the covers. There will be a couple intro pages. One intro spread about tri stuff and one that is a spread of the training months at a glance. I'm hoping to have it done by June. Then it will be for June, July, August and the bit of September. After the intro pages, there will be a month intro spread (or page in the case of August) that is just an opportunity for some fun illustration. :)  Then each week has its own spread with room to write in what we did for each day as well as a summary area for the week. It's the basic stuff I like about tracking things, so I hope it's what Erika would like too.

I've decided my schedule is going to look like this:

Mon - off
Tues - swim (ref swim workouts from multi-sport training book I've had from duathlons)
Wed - bike (and Ultimate in the evening)
Thu - run (track maybe?)
Fri - swim
Sat - run long
Sun - bike long

I think I'll do bricks every 4 weeks or so? And strength training...maybe Monday or Tuesday? I do think I should have Monday completely off though. Sleep in day.

I'd like to do a half marathon in the fall. Going for a PR this year. This is the year!! So this training will really be excellent for that I think. I'll get stronger somewhere else besides my quads.

So that's it. 2 days swimming, 2 days biking, and 2 days running plus Ultimate running. From what I can tell, that's your basic never done a triathlon training base schedule. I'll work out the intensities and times for all of it as I go.

I am going to run tomorrow because I did tons of yard work this weekend instead of running. So I'm just kicking off training with an easy run. The weather right now is so absolutely gorgeous.

Here I go.........


No comments:

Post a Comment