Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Yoga and An Attempt at 5:45 a.m. Spinning

Did yoga again last night, for the second time after our 8 week break. We went last week and it was really rough. This week wasn't nearly as bad, though I was having a hard time because I was really sore from...well, everything I guess. Yard work, swimming, running.  Anyway, it was a good class despite being pretty difficult. And hot. It was warm in the room.

Last night I packed up my gym bag with work clothes and all the necessities in preparation for rolling out of bed at 5, throwing on bike clothes, and going to a 5:45 a.m. cycling class. And I was very successful...except I forgo the bag that had my bike shoes and water bottle. I could have made it without the water, but all I had for shoes was flip flops. So, after arriving at the gym and getting out of my car, noticing the absence of the crucial bag, I hopped back in and went back home. :)  It sucked, but I guess it was a good run-through for the 5:45 gym time!

I thought I'd run when I got back, but my back is so sore, I didn't think I would do myself any favors by pounding the pavement. It's my lower back, sciatic nerve area. I know it's from the excavation of the grass - using the shovel the way I did. It happens nearly every time I overdo it with the shovel :)  So this afternoon I'm going to go for a long walk instead, and run or bike tomorrow.

In other news, I'm having some annoying stomach issues. For the past 3 or so weeks, I've been bloating up like crazy after eating. I look like I'm 4 months pregnant, no kidding. It's really uncomfortable and I'm concerned. At first I thought I was just over-eating. But I've had barely anything and then will have a little bit of food and wwooooooooommmmmmm. Huge. I have also had problems with getting sick after eating certain things. If I have ice cream, that usually doesn't end well. But it's been all over the place with severity, so I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Last night I had a salad with blue cheese dressing, feta, and a beer. Maybe it's the beer? I don't know. I really want to figure it out though.


No comments:

Post a Comment