Friday, December 12, 2014

Busy Day and Long Run or 5K

I've had a busy day. Just a lot going on, got up early, felt the urgent need to find something to wear to G's Xmas party tonight so did some brief shopping. It's a classic case of "well now the afternoon is gone" and I don't think I'll work out.

I also didn't work out yesterday.

In reality, I may lift. I did some squats and other leg stuff this morning while I waited for tea to brew. I did counter pushups. I am not ever sore from those, so I guess I need to do more.

Tomorrow morning I'd really like to do a 5K in Loveland. It's a Christmas themed one, and I don't really have anything even red or green...but it's free with canned food and sounds like a good enough reason to run with some people. I would not expect anything stellar for time. Maybe...just maybe I could pull off 10 pace. It'd be good practice.

The problem is I'm already tired and there's this Xmas party tonight...so tomorrow morning may be rough. Not because of alcohol. I'm just dragging a bit.

Alternative idea would be to run long. Like 6 miles. But the newfound overachiever in me wants to run this 5K tomorrow and then run 6 Sunday morning. Because I didn't do anything yesterday or today.

And obsession is starting to kick in big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment