Saturday, December 27, 2014

Wrapping Up & Goals

For the past couple of weeks, I've been fighting off a cold. It finally got the better part of me last Saturday. I went on a run with Krista, then came home and really started feeling bad. Aches, tired, dizzy...ug. I made it out Saturday night, after a long afternoon nap. Then Sunday I was pretty worthless. Monday and Tuesday were a struggle, as clients suddenly needed everything last minute and all I wanted to do was sleep. Coughing was getting worse- burning. And I had to finish shopping. I had no appetite, so that helped my diet along nicely.

Christmas eve and Christmas I tried not to hack on everyone. And now it's two days after Christmas and I'm definitely feeling better! Yesterday I went on a 2.5 mile run. Almost immediately, my lungs started burning. But I took it easy, and eventually the burning went away. I didn't even cough much afterwords, so I think that's a good sign.

I was thinking about going on a bike ride tomorrow, but it's supposed to be raining. It was a 20 miler that goes the speed of the slowest rider. So really, it could be pretty painful and cold. I may just stick to the trainer. I just want to get some outdoor riding in this winter. Keep things in check.

Yesterday I realized that the Heart Mini is only 11 weeks away. That sparked trying to really decide what I want to do next year for fun. And so here goes a list of goals.

1. Heart Mini Half Marathon - March 15.
2. Flying Pig Marathon - May 3.
3. Various sprint tris that are close and convenient throughout the summer.
4. Something biking long? I still haven't done any biking events.
5. Fall Marathon - Columbus?


So, thinking more about triathlon, I really think I need to back off a bit and just stick to a fun sprint here and there. Until I have the desire and time to really focus on swimming, sprints are plenty fun. Maybe even some duathlons. I missed running a lot last year. I want to get back to running.

My breathing continues to be better. I'm really hoping that this diet change I've made will allow me to have fun again, and maybe even have some cool performances. Maybe, just maybe, if I work hard, I can run a half marathon PR again.

No comments:

Post a Comment