But now it's Monday!
I had a meeting with K at a coffee shop in Madeira. It was what I'll call an actual coffee shop – the kind I remembered from college years, before there was a Starbucks on every corner. There were mugs to use instead of paper cups. This place grinds their own coffee. There were random things everywhere...a true coffee shop feel. I liked it, and may consider going there to work some day. They had wifi and I think even some food.
After our meeting, we did a run around the neighborhood. Neither of us really knew where to go, but I had my GPS, so I could at least check distances. Madeira is hilly. We climbed some steep ones, much to my disliking. But, I actually feel like my breathing was better. It's a trend I've noticed lately. My strength may not be there yet, but my breathing seems to be deeper and more clear, if that makes any sense.
When I got home, I crashed. :( Not entire sure why, so I'll just document things here as I plan, so I can hopefully figure out what to eat when.
Breakfast:
- Kale, 3 eggs, onion, mozzarella cheese scramble.
- Chai with some cream and Stevia
No lunch...I never got even snack-hungry. I was also working really hard to get my stuff done before the meeting.
The Run:
Distance: 2.65 miles
Overall pace: 10:45 (ug. 10:40 for the first, 10:44 for the second, and then 11 something for the last bit) Still did manage to talk though...so that seems like an improvement.
Temp: 47ยบ and cloudy
Terrain: hilly
After:
Crashed. Came home and had about a half cup of ricotta cheese with salt and parmesan cheese mixed in. Then thought I was maybe still hungry so I ... mixed about 2 T of butter with some almond flour to make a doughy treat. WTF. That was just weird. I just wanted it though. I probably should have opted for some nuts, but this is what I did. Then I showered. Then I sat on the couch and crashed. I fell asleep and just felt kinda icky. When Greg got home, he waited on me to recover some, then we went to eat. By the time we were done with dinner (taco salad with beef, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, avoided tomatoes) I felt all better.
So, there was the drive – about 30 minutes. Then eating and feeding the dogs – probably at least another 15. Then a 15-20 minute hot shower. And THEN I felt bad. I felt bad an hour after the run, even with having eating some food, albeit nothing sugary. So I don't know what that means. 2.65 miles shouldn't have felt like much effort. Was it the hills? Was it not eating any lunch? I really don't know. Maybe my body just isn't fat adapted yet and it stopped burning fat and that's why I crashed? Not sure not sure...just writing it all down so I can look back later.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No comments:
Post a Comment