10 miles complete!
It went well. The first 2.5 were with K. She hadn't run in a while and we had to walk the last half mile. She had had a pretty rough week and was telling me all about it. So then I kind of got more of a break than planned, but it was ok. Goal was just to be out there for 10.
After K and I parted ways, I hooked up my phone and earphones and cued up the podcast I had downloaded: Invisibilia. It's a newer one and has been getting good reviews. I was listening to the one titled "Fear." It was incredibly interesting! This is the first time I've ever listened to anything on a long run let alone a pod cast. I liked it a lot. And this might just be what has to get me through these long runs (sadly).
I did see Casey out there :) I was at about 2 left to go and saw him coming my way on the trail! So he ran with me a bit, and I got to push the final 2 like I wanted to. It was awesome. He then went on his way to do 8 more and finished his 10 with really excellent times!
After I came home, I crashed pretty hard. I wasn't hungry, but I ate a raw bar that had honey in it, in an attempt to have some sugar on the back end so I wouldn't feel light. I didn't feel hypoglycemic, but I was just so tired. I ended up napping, and then when I did get up, I felt fantastic and continued to feel fantastic the entire night. Next day soreness? Not much to speak of. Monday soreness gone. So I do think my tissues are recovering better, as the people who talk about high fat low carb diets claim. I just still need to figure out this light headedness that is plaguing me. More broth? More calories of a certain kind? Maybe up to 50 carbs is what I need? Not sure yet.
Splits:
10:31, 10:30, 10:35, 10:37, 10:33, 10:58, 11:09, 11:09, 10:33, 10:33
See how those last two got back down to 10:30? :D
No comments:
Post a Comment