This is a familiar format. I believe I broke my training weeks up when we trained for the Columbus marathon, recapping my planned workouts against what I/we actually did. I enjoyed looking back on it, and it is also very helpful. Might as well continue the tradition this time for whatever races I end up doing here.
So, week1. There was a partial week of New Year's in there. As I've mentioned, I ran New Year's Eve. New Year's Day was crazy awesome lazy. But on to actual week 1, when training starts.
Planned: 11 miles
Sunday – rest
Monday – bike
Tuesday – 2 miles / broomball
Wednesday – bike / broomball
Thursday – 3 / lift
Friday – rest
Saturday – 6 miles
Actual: 8 miles
Sunday – 3 miles
Monday – biked 8, but felt horrible. Cut the ride short at 35 minutes.
Tuesday – 2 miles with K. Breathing was really hard. Then at the broomball game, I felt like I was going to pass out.
Wednesday – sick. Fever, chills, achy (though some of that was broomball), heart was racing. Thankfully, broomball was cancelled due to the low temperatures.
Thursday – still sick.
Friday – better, so did some stretching and leg exercises.
Saturday – ran 6 miles on the treadmill at the Y. It was 7º when I was supposed to run, and I just didn't want to mess with it. Plus, I didn't know how I'd feel after being sick and trying to run the farthest I've ran in forever. It actually went really well! I took it easy, breathing was cake, and somehow I made it over an hour on the 'mill.
Even though I was sick, I think this is a great start to the training. I'm in a good amount of pain now because our make up broomball game was Sunday and I had to play the entire game. But I think after this week, I'll get to feel the rewards of the crazy conditioning broomball gets you in.
My knee joints hurt ever so slightly Sunday. I fell on them during the game, and no damage was done. I'm feeling stronger and it's pretty great.
No comments:
Post a Comment