Saturday, January 3, 2015

4 Miles in Sun and 38º

It was a nice change from the 22º windy run I did New Year's Eve!

I wanted to go to the trail to do a flat run and get shoes afterwords. I asked C to go too. I thought it would be a really great kick off to the new year and training. I know he's been sick, so running my pace for perhaps one of his "get back into it" runs would be good for him I thought. He ended up bailing which was sad, and I didn't make it to the trail. Instead I just ran from the house.

I tried to keep it easy and smooth. The first 2 miles were good. 10:03 and 10:02. At the turn-around, I decided I needed to make it feel even easier, so I backed off the pace some. Ended up being 10:19 and 10:21 – though the last half I pushed. I don't think I could have maintained the 10 pace for the last 2 miles. So here's a benchmark/starting point. I am back to 10 feeling easy, but now I just need some more endurance and strength.

The bottom of my left foot hurts. I think the boots I wore New Year's eve, for an unknown reason, hurt my arch. They were flat boots, but maybe they just didn't have good support? It's a pain right above where my heal starts and arch ends. I've been painfully rolling it on one of the dogs' toy balls. It didn't hurt too bad when I ran. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment