Thursday, January 29, 2015

Spinning and broomball and rest ... again

Another intense week! Monday was spinning at AMIG (class #2). Tuesday was a 3 mile run in which I ran sub 10 pace (9:44 average - 9:35, 9:55, 9:45 splits) then a broomball game later that night on slick ice. Wednesday was spinning at AMIG (class #3) and then a broomball game later that night on slick ice. There's a pattern here!

And today...REST.

I'm sore. It's awesome. I feel like I'm getting stronger. Playing on the slick ice makes for some crazy stabilization muscle action. My abs hurt, my quads hurt, my inner thighs hurt, my upper body/shoulders hurt. My joints do NOT hurt :)

So today I'm taking the day off and I'll re-assess tomorrow how things are looking. I may ride my bike if my legs feel tight. Or I may just take it very easy for a couple miles.

Saturday I'd like to do hilly 6 miles. I'm thinking the Sharon Woods loop a couple times and then a quick out and back on the trail again to get it to 6. The loop is 2.5. I'll see if Krista is willing to meet there. I just need to get some hills in.


Other than workouts being awesome, work is going well, though stressful. Harley-dog is doing ok today. I was able to trick her with a frozen crack treat (ID wet food is crack to her) when I left for broomball last night. For the first time in I don't know how long I didn't leave with her banging against the gate, crying...and I didn't come home to pee! It may have just been a fluke. It most likely is. I'm trying to not get excited about it. It's amazing how much this is wearing on me.

Here's to a very productive day. It's raining and cold. I'm not going anywhere. It will be a day of work, spattered with maybe some dancing, some trimming Harley, maybe a trip to the bank if I can sneak out, and maybe some drawing. I have high hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment