Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Speed Sandwich

After the 10 miles at a great pace, I certainly feel I'm at least getting stronger. Unfortunately, this week's track night was pretty much a bust. I've lost my discipline and motivation there. Not sure what it is, but it hasn't been fun for a while now. I warmed up a mile on Tuesday with the intention of doing 400s. I got to my first 200 meters and was mad and tired. I did it in 55 seconds. I didn't want to walk, so jogged very slowly for 200. I did this 5 times, then took a break. I did 3 more to make it an even 8. Those 3 were at 50 seconds each and I walked between them. I don't know. Back in June I did 6x200 at 50 sec each, so I guess it's not horrible. I just wasn't having fun. I didn't bother cooling down. I laid on the ground and did leg raises while I waited for Roman and Greg to finish.

Wednesday was speedy again. We did our 4 miles at 9:35 pace - our quickest 4 in training so far, so says the blog. I felt like we were going faster, but I also felt smooth. The end elevations get me, and I was still hacking a lot. But overall it felt great.

I didn't get to run today as I had hoped. There's something about Thursdays and work just getting rough. Maybe I can go for a short quick run tomorrow. 6 this weekend is going to feel like nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment