Wow, it really has been 6 weeks since my last blog post. Yikes.
Fast forward Benny-Hill style recap......
Spinning, running 8, spinning, running
Race a trail race! WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! only 75 seconds behind Greg.
spinning running 8, spinning, weigh in at 189
Nurse my knee, run 4, spin, nurse my knee
Spinning, running, running spinning, running 10 at 10:15, weigh in at 187
Spinning, running, running, spinning, run 6 at 9:35?
Plus or minus some running and spinning that pretty much gets us to the present. I think Steph is steering this half-marathon-training-boat in the right direction. I felt pretty darn good after our 10 mile run at what feels like a reasonably quick pace. I have no doubts that I could go out and run that 13.1 today if I wanted, but I'm please that we still have another month of training. I really hope that the race will not be as much a test to determine if I can make it that distance, but rather at what speed I can finish. I'm not planning to sprint or anything, but I like knowing that I shouldn't have to push just to finish the race. Kudos Steph... We've got 11 to go this weekend, and it's going to be beautiful out there!
Ok, so here's a funny story. For the last few weeks our in-house music has changed from a light rock channel on Sirius to a straight up elevator Muzak channel. It's terrible. Mild jazz, all instrumental... you know what I'm talking about. Luckily, we have the overhead speakers turned off here at the 'desk. My exposure to the Muzak is only when I'm walking the halls, taking care of business in the boys room, and in the locker room. Thankfully, this is at most a half hour of my day. Today the absurdity of it shone through. Let me see if I can set this up. I walked into the locker room, and noticed right away that it was busier than normal. The space isn't that large, maybe the size of our living room. I'm going to guess there were 12-15 guys in the locker room as I entered, all in various states of undress. It's a bit awkward when there are that many folks in there at once because you start running out of space to find a secluded locker not uncomfortably close to some naked guy. So, I find my locker and start getting dressed for class. There was an awful silence in the room, and I realized there was no muzak. All of a sudden I start hearing this crescendoing chime start ringing out of the speakers in the ceiling, which segues into Moon River. It was like the lights needed to dim and we should all be naked, by candle light. Everyone in the room suddenly felt how awkward the moment was, and we busted out laughing. Brad, standing there naked, turned to the guy next to him, and in his best radio voice says," This one goes out to you, John. You know how much I love you." It was hilarious. Oi Vey.
Spinning was pretty great yesterday. Karen was joking about how it would be a tough class. She said it was because her self esteem had been crushed by the Dr. and assistant at the eye glass store. I guess the way-older-than-her-Dr. kept mentioning that she was getting old, and then when trying to find frames similar to her old ones the assisant said they were all wrong for her face. So, to build her self esteem, she wanted to come in and have a kick-ass class. And it was pretty good. I found a few points to really push hard, and felt really good when I was finished. I think the spinning has really helped to push my cardio limits, and has been an all around great cross training exercise for running.
When I was finished, I weighed in at.... dunh dunh daaaaaaaaaaa! 184 woooooot!
11 miles tomorrow morning. Then, I turn 32 on Sunday. I've never been in better shape, and I hope to never let my body get back to the way it turned 31!
No comments:
Post a Comment