I nearly fell asleep reading email today at work. So my plan to run after work was starting to sound like a bad idea as the end of the workday neared. I worried that as soon as I was home I would be sucked into the house, never to find my shoes or put on my shorts. As I let the dogs out, I passed the empty Pop Tart box that I left sitting on the counter from the morning. Yes, I'm ashamed. I took a pack of Greg's Pop Tarts for "breakfast" this morning. Ug. But that Pop Tart box got me out the door!
I felt Lunch sloshing around in my belly as I started off. I haven't ran on Montgomery Road in a while, and only once since the new sidewalks were put in, so I headed down the sidewalk in the direction of Meijer. I smelled Little Caesar's pizza pizza cooking for quite a while as I passed. Not necessarily a good smell while running. My legs killed me. They were tight and crampy all the way from my ankles to about my mid-thighs. At the turnaround, I stopped and stretched. That helped a little bit. I think I was dehydrated...really hadn't drank much the past few days.
I maintained a steady 10 minute per mile pace the entire time. It didn't feel hard, but it didn't feel easy. Oh well - a typical tired, end of the day kind of run.
Tomorrow morning I am planning to hop on my new trainer for the second time. And maybe do my own version of spinning to music...videos! On mtvmusic.com you can queue up videos and make playlists, then play it and watch all of the videos back to back. Awesome?! I hope. I was thinking about this the other day. I miss spinning a lot. My favorite part of it is the music, which was never stellar. Could I stand just sitting on my bike and listening to music... wait there's that mtvmusic.com site, I could watch too... The only thing to see about now is if I can hook my laptop up to the TV. It would be a nice variety in the mix of watching Netflix. So far my playlist consists of some Brandi Carlile (warmup), Muse, Foo Fighters, Tool (the one and only Tool video available), Katy Perry, Cold Play, Silversun Pickups and David Bowie. 11 songs total. I hope it works out!
No comments:
Post a Comment