Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chilly Wednesday Morning and My New Fluid Trainer Test

Casey and I ran a brisk 4 miles this morning... brisk in pace and in temperature as well. We had gloves on, which was needed and kept the hands from locking up!

The pace was 9:17 average. It was a great run for me. I felt good for the most part. My legs hurt a little bit. Either the dehydration thing (I really don't know what my problem is these days with not drinking enough) or maybe a little too many hills on the bike last night. I couldn't talk at the end during the final push. But really was surprised by how easy the rest of the run felt. Yay for speed progress!

Last night I finally got my bike set up in the basement (garage) ready to Spinflix and watch music videos, if MTVmusic.com ever works properly. For some reason it won't allow me to log in at home. I can at the studio. ???  It doesn't give me any kind of message (wrong password or user name)...but just goes back to the main page. :(  After a lot of frustration with my computer, not knowing how to hook it up, the wii trying to access our old wireless name, crappy speaker syndrome and smashing my finger, I finally was able to have a very enjoyable but short workout. I moved everything inside and hooked my 'puter up to the living room sound system (yay!) and watched videos while riding. I was able to access my Quicklist on mtvmusic. I would ideally like to make a few playlists and be able to save them, but I won't be able to do this if I can't ever log in. Listening to the music while riding was absolutely awesome. I was so pumped up and loving it. In fact, some of the time I don't think I was really even paying attention to the videos, which makes me think I could possibly stand to just play a playlist from iTunes. It reminded me of spinning. Here's what I listened to:
The Story (good warmup) - Brandi Carlile
Uprising - Muse
Hot and Cold - Katy Perry (the video cracks me up, but I think this one will be removed now)
All My Life - Foo Fighters
Knights of Cydonia - Muse
Panic Switch - Silversun Pickups

That's all I had time for, but have 5 other songs in this particular playlist. When listening to the music, I could envision doing all kinds of things with it - sprints, hills, whatever. It was awesome. And the fluid trainer allows for a lot more resistance so I can do hill work. I tried to take it easy since I was running in the morning, but I did play around with the settings on the trainer a bit.

I'm really excited about the fluid trainer. I think it will be awesome - decent speakers, big screen to watch Netflix or videos, a cool environment with a fan, and it's out of the house so I can crank music if I wish. It's my own little workout area I guess. I'm really looking forward to riding more throughout the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment