Saturday Casey and I ran 12 miles. The first 6 or 7 was great... we were holding a 10 minute mile pace. I felt like that was very manageable and even easy. But soon after we turned around to head back, I started quickly running out of energy. And I became very tired of where we were running. It was just one of those mental things while running.
I so badly wanted to keep the pace and be able to say we ran a 10 pace the entire time! But I just couldn't. I tried to tell myself it was no big deal and get over it, but I was disappointed. Then it got worse and I could barely wog up the hills. And this slow, odd change in gait didn't help Casey's knee pains. Ug.
But we got through it. I'm pretty sure that my lack of energy was due to low iron. Stupid, take your pills. I was very sorry to not have a confidence boosting final long run. I know that Casey could have maintained the pace, so I really hope he at least feels well trained and ready to run on October 23rd!
One thing I noticed about the 12 miles is how quickly it passed (well, until that last 3-those were rough). Having trained by myself for the marathon last year, I did that kind of distance (and more) solo. I'm thankful to not be doing these distances by myself this time and question if I could even train for a marathon by myself again - I'm spoiled now. It's been so much more enjoyable.
No comments:
Post a Comment