Quick run down of the last few weeks.
Sept 29 -3 miles on Wednesday morning with Steph.
- Great 9:20 pace.
Sept 30 - Left gym bag at home, missed spinning.
- Took a 2 mile walk with Jannelle after work.
Oct 2 - Supposed to run 6 miles. But I was in Pburg, and
- It was 46 degree and raining. No thanks. I'm a wuss, shoot me.
-This was a very slow week for me. One 3 mile run, and no spinning. No wonder I....
Oct 4 - Spinning, and I put on a pound!! 185
-This class was brutal. There something about missing 2 spinning classes that dooms you for your return. I just felt like I couldn't keep up. It was tough for sure.
Oct 6 - Awesome fast 4 mile run with Steph.
- 9:17 pace and felt strong. This was a great run for sure.
Oct 7 - Fantastic ASS KICKING Spin session.
- I destroyed that fucking bike! WHOOOOAH! It's the second class back, and I've experienced the same phenomenon before. First class back is brutal, second class a breeze.
Oct 9 - 12 miler. It was our last long run pre-race.
-It was a great start, but my knee pain, while arriving on delay, managed to bother me around the half way marker. Shortly thereafter Steph was starting to drag and I think the decrease in pace started to bother my knee. Eventually i would run ahead a bit, then walk quickly till Steph caught up. It gave my knee a break.
The aftermath!!!! Well, It's been much better after this run, than after the last 2 long runs. After the 11 mile run, first my right, then my left knees were barking loudly. I think that pain cuased bruising that came out a few days later. This time, only my left knee hurts, and not so much to make me need to sit and ICE. I did ice it a bit on Saturday after the run, and I have made sure to stretch and roll it out the last few days. Today was
Oct 11 - Spinning. Its the first time I've gone to spinning on Monday after a long run.
- I really felt like I needed to work my knees today. My left knee was noticably problematic, but I just relaxed and backed off a bit. My work in today's class came mostly from cardio work/quick pace run where my knee was less taxed then on the big hills.
Weighed in at 183 today. Glad to be back on track!
No comments:
Post a Comment