Monday, October 25, 2010

Half Marathon is Done!

The Cincinnati Half Marathon is officially raced!
Casey: 1:57:18
Steph: 2:09:49

Saturday's weather was beautiful and perfect for running. I don't think it was too bad for spectating either. Congratulations, Casey! A sub 2 hour half marathon... 1:57:18 AWESOME!!! I'm so happy about how well you did. Your pace was awesome, you maintained it the entire time and were so strong. You did so well! You kicked this distance's ASS!!!!!

Also, I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Casey for being such a super-wonderful training partner. He definitely helped to push me through these weeks, and helped me get faster. I do think I'm in the 'fastest' running shape I've ever been in, and that I'm quickening my pace, which makes me very happy and excited for the future. My time was a PR by 6 minutes. My 5th half marathon, and I'm finally improving and feeling stronger. Things are starting to click.

Now it is recovery time. My legs are better today than they were yesterday. I need to roll roll roll on my IT band. Yesterday I couldn't go down stairs more than one at a time, lol. At least I know I used up everything in the tank! Casey, I very much look forward to any future training to share...whatever fun running adventures might be out there for us. I hope you are inspired by your abilities, feel proud and had a great time getting to this place. You did an absolutely fantastic job!

No comments:

Post a Comment