Friday, November 26, 2010

Day After Stuff-fest

I ate a lot yesterday. I know I did, but I didn't let it bother me too much. It's only one day.

Thanksgiving was ok. I actually have mixed feelings about it. For one thing, Shannon didn't get invited due to her and my parents bullshit they do back and forth with being mad at each other then not, then again, etc etc. I don't understand it. But I feel awful that she spent Thanksgiving by herself for what seems like no good reason, probably knowing that we all got together too. That would really hurt me if it were me. Second is the news I got from my parents that I should be screened for a condition my dad has, because they just found out from his cardiologist that it is hereditary. Dad lives with a thoracic aortic aneurysm, the same condition that killed John Ritter. Dad's is pretty much inoperable because of its location – the survival rate is less than 50% or something like that. So they just monitor it and he can't lift anything over 20 pounds. Anyway, you can take a blood test and see if you have the gene mutation that causes them. Then if you do, and as I understand it even if you don't because they haven't found all of the genes yet, you get chest scans every couple of years to see if one has developed or not. It's a silent killer, but you can scan for it and at least I guess prevent yourself from making it burst. This news was given to me right after we got there and I'm really not sure how to take it. I have been having very weird feelings about it all.  

Today I'm sore...from running I suppose, and painting. So I decided to forgo running or biking today and have just been doing kitchen demo prep. I moved every last thing out of the kitchen that isn't attached or still in use (appliances). It took me three hours. It was nice work though, and I feel really accomplished. I also finished the bathroom shelves that Greg started and have everything put back in now.

While I was taking a break from kitchen dismantling I did some leg lifts and also lifted. Felt good. I'm pretty happy with the schedule so far this week. I'm a little numb right now thinking about this aneurysm shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment