Thursday, November 11, 2010

Re-acclimating My Butt

Today was an exhausting day at work. Most of the afternoon was spent at the mall at a floor set for SGH...two hours on my feet in heels, listening to debates about merchandising and metals-plastics-rimless hierarchies. I was drained when I got home. So I decided to exhaust myself further on the bike.

I haven't been on the bike in weeks. Every day when I let the dogs out, I see it. Patiently it sits, facing the TV, perfectly upright and calm, hooked into the trainer, bike pump nearby. I turned on the TV, got my laptop hooked up and woke the chain from its slumber. I wanted to ride hard, but short in order to get my butt used to the saddle again. So I queued up mtvmusic.com on which I think I have officially given up. My playlists won't load and the quality, sound and video (most importantly sound) is pretty awful. It worked for tonight though. I really don't think I need the video part of it. It would be ideal, but I'd sacrifice video for sound for sure.

I warmed up to The Story (Brandi Carlile). Then it was Muse: Uprising, Katy Perry: Hot and Cold, Foo Fighters: All My Life, Silversun Pickups: Panic Switch (by far the dumbest video ever), Muse: Resistance, Cold Play: Viva La Vida, Kanye West: Better Faster Stronger.  It was the same list as I've done one time before, with some variation. But this time, I rode pretty hard. So what if it's been weeks off the bike, there's no time for taking it easy. I had a great time. I bumped up the fluid trainer's gear to the middle one, and stayed in my middle gear which allowed me to do sprints and out of the saddle hills by changing the back gears. I followed the rhythm of the music, something I've never been able to do in a spin class, and pushed moderately hard. My heart was pounding the entire time. It was a great time. There is nothing like some music and good exercise to make the day better.

I believe my butt was happy with the amount of time for Re-Acclimation. (Female computer voice: 'Butt Re-acclimation, 40% complete'). I should work on some playlists to have on my laptop or phone I guess. I definitely need to find some more music and variety. Something to work on this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment