Thursday, November 25, 2010

Rainy Turkey Day

Yesterday I took the day off. It was very nice to get some things done around the house that have been neglected. I did errands in the morning when it was dry...and therefor missed my opportunity to get outside for a run. It was really cold and raining/sleeting the rest of the day. So I hopped on the bike.

I watched some music videos and did my best to spin. I was pretty tired. Every time I tried to push myself, I'd have to stop. Meh, to be expected I guess. It's been a while and this is the "getting back into it" phase.

Today my neck and shoulders and even arms are sore. I think my neck and shoulders are sore from the bike, but my arms are probably sore from painting. One of the things I got started yesterday was painting the bathroom closet and its shelves. It's amazing to me how such a small room can be so complicated and take up so much of our time.

Anyway, today is Thanksgiving. I'm happy to start the eat-fest day with a good run, burning some calories. When I got up to make the cranberries, it was pouring. Even though it's 61ยบ, I didn't want to run in a downpour. By the time I was done making the cranberries and putting another coat of paint on the shelves, the rain was a sprinkle. So I went out, for the first time since last Monday I think. The run went really well, I was surprised. I was glad to be able to run in warm weather, for my lungs' sake. Yesterday's coldness was shocking, and I'm sure I would have coughed for 3 hours afterwords if I had ran in it. I think it's going to get really cold again soon, so my ideal acclimation scenario probably won't happen :). I really feel my soreness from yesterday – time to pop some Advil.

And now it's off to Dayton for Thanksgiving. Greg's Grandma isn't going to be able to make it. She's having some urology issues so can't make the long trip. So, Greg is going to drive separate and follow his folks when they leave and spend the night up in P-burg so he can visit his Grandma tomorrow (and win Grandson of the Year Award!) I'm really really super sad to have to be by myself tonight and tomorrow. I'm dreading this evening. But then I think about his grandma all by herself and realize I have it easy and I should suck it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment